Paper Island is so named because it is where Gehn mills the trees
into paper for his books. If you've ever lived near a paper mill,
you'd know they really nailed the way paper pulp clumps up on the
shores of the nearby water supply.
I'm sorry that there's no legend right on the map, that'd probably be
easier than text, but for anyone who has played the game already, things
should be obvious.
- Items specific to the Paper Island Map:
- Woodchipper machine sketched in black.
- Boiler is a red circle.
- Balcony is outlined in plain green.
- Mine car underground tunnel shown in black dotted lines.
- Big pipe shown in black and greys.
- Little local steam pipes shown in yellow.
- Gehn's workshop outlined in black.
- Fan air ducting showing in dotted dark grey.
- Fan switch in purple.
- Items common to all of Calyxa's Riven Maps:
- The rotating domes are correctly placed in a grid and are marked
with their appropriate symbol in gold.
- Dashed brown lines are for underground passages/rooms.
- Black lines indicate a metal catwalk or other above-the-ground
- Solid brown lines indicate pathways along the ground.
- Green lines with small hatch marks to one side indicate cliffs. The
hatchmarks point down the cliff face.
- Pathways with semi-frequent cross-hatches indicate stairs. Where there
are stairs, an arrow points up to the top of the staircase.
- Ladders are short black lines with dots at either end.
- A small blue circle with an illegible M in it is a mag-lev-summon button.
If you want to be looking at the
above legend info at the same time you view the map, remember that both
of the "big two" browsers will let you have a "new window
with this link".
View the Map