Part of me thinks it took so long to draw this map because parts of the island
are physically impossible (walking upstairs to an underwater room after having
been right next to an opening to the outside air down below). Another part of
me didn't want to draw the map right away because doing so would sever some
last tie I had to Riven (though there's always the overall map of the 5 islands
and transports). Whatever those reasons were, they weren't enough to keep me from
finally drawing a map of this island.
- Items specific to the Spike Island Map:
- Map grid, rotating control and map room outlined in red.
- Underwater/underground chair drawn in dark grey.
- Small purple circles are the Wahrk totems, I could only find
four of them, though others have speculated that there should be one
for each underwater light. There are no underwater lights indicated
on my map, nor did I indicate the colors of each totem, though none
of them are red.
- The shape of the balcony has been altered to accomodate the drawing
of the button diagram.
- Items common to all of Calyxa's Riven Maps:
- The rotating domes are correctly placed in a grid and are marked
with their appropriate symbol in gold.
- Dashed brown lines are for underground passages/rooms.
- Black lines indicate a metal catwalk or other above-the-ground
- Solid brown lines indicate pathways along the ground.
- Green lines with small hatch marks to one side indicate cliffs. The
hatchmarks point down the cliff face.
- Pathways with semi-frequent cross-hatches indicate stairs. Where there
are stairs, an arrow points up to the top of the staircase.
- Ladders are short black lines with dots at either end.
- A small blue circle with an illegible M in it is a mag-lev-summon button.
If you want to be looking at the
above legend info at the same time you view the map, remember that both
of the "big two" browsers will let you have a "new window
with this link".
View the Map